Formed in 2016, Tuna Australia represents statutory fishing right owners, holders, fish processors and sellers, and associate members of the Eastern and Western tuna and billfish fisheries of Australia.
It has a seven-member board, Chair and CEO who meet up to 4 times per year.
The goal of Tuna Australia is to plan, invest and manage the association to improve representation of the fishery.
The objectives are:
- To ensure ecological sustainable development of the industry;
- To improve resource access and property rights;
- To improve profitability;
- To extend and market industry practices to stakeholders and the general public;
- To enhance market opportunity; and
- To improve safety and workforce development.
- Advance, promote and represent the industry’s views in dealings with governments of state and commonwealth, media, corporations and organisations, and all persons nationally and internationally.